Thursday, December 18, 2008

*Beautiful*


There is simply nothing more genuinely rewarding than listening to your child sing for their first time, "I am a child of God". Even more priceless is to hear her belt out this tender melody as a source of comfort from her crib after exhausting the phrase, "Mommy, open the door...Mommy, OPEN THE DOOR!..." And then, after several verses, realizing still that Mommy is not coming to rescue her, I hear, "Ga-ma! Gaaaaaaa-ma! I wanna see Ga-ma!" How could I resist a brief phone call to "Ga-ma" after listening to my 22 month old exemplify such faith and courage from the dark, quiet corner of her room. After a brief chat from her crib with her Grandma and another verse of "I am a Child of God" through the phone, I lay my sweet baby down and while on my way out I hear, "Thank you Mommy".

5 comments:

Rachelle said...

You said it perfectly... that's beautiful.

Julie said...

Oh, sweet Charly!!! I love her!
Brady said the other night when we were talking about her..."She just brings a smile to my face thinking about her!"

Weatherman said...

Oh, Charly Wynn this story is priceless! Kristin, thanks for posting these updates. No matter how big or small the update may seem. They are huge to me living away from home.
love, Monica

Jennifer said...

That is so sweet!

Ashley Rae said...

That is SO sweet... wow. What a cute little daughter you have. Daughters are the best. :)