Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I've Been Tagged...:-)

What were you doing 10 years ago?

Hard to believe ten years ago I was a Junior in High School, when the biggest decisions of my life included how I was going to ask that cute boy to Sweethearts and which color of eye-shadow to wear for the day! Many of you know I was head over HEELS for that boy we all know as "Superman".:-) I worked as a Matridee at the Crosslands Retirement Center all three years of high school and absolutely loved it!

5 things on my to-do list today:
1.Bring the eggs over to Natalie's house
2.Distribute handouts for Mingo Branch(Nursing Home ward in our stake)to each ward
3.Divvy out assignments for Family History Fair
4.Finish Easter baskets for piano students
5.Practice song with YW and YM at 7PM

5 snacks that I enjoy:
1.Multi Grain Cheerios
2.Chocolate Chip Cookies...do they qualify as a snack?
3.String Cheese
4.Frozen Yogurt
5.Apples and peanut butter


3 bad habits:
1.Lying in bed for hours just thinking about stuff before actually falling asleep
2.Snacking on chocolate chips all day long!!
3.Losing stuff...including my mind!...I feel like my brain is in a million places at once, so I put stuff places while I'm doing a ton of other things and then I can never find them! (classic lost items: keys, shoes, sunglasses)

What would you do if you were instantly a billionaire?

Do you guys remember the movie, "Sabrina"? Honestly, if we became instantly rich, I would buy a modest house with a nice yard to play in, putting the money away until the kids were grown up, using it only for practical purposes. Would I squeeze in a little time to splurge here and there?...You Bet!, but only in moderation.:-)-I've been "eyeing" a sofa set at "Audrie's Designs" in Murray for months now, but would have to forfeit about 6 years of our milk money to ever afford it!

5 places I've lived:
1.Sandy Utah
2.Hamburg, Germany
3.Logan, Utah
4.Sandy, Utah
5.Sandy, Utah
(Ha!..."One of these things just doesn't belong...")

5 things people don't know about me:
1. I am learning Swedish. I speak two other languages proficiently, German and American Sign Language and figured it's about time I learned to speak the language of my family's heritage!
2. I love to be around people, but there are many days, especially now, that I long to just be home with my family with my phone shut off and the "To Do" list tucked away for the evening.
3. I am passionate about the Deaf Culture and Deaf Education. If you ever have any questions at all, I'm your gal! You'd be surprised how many people believe that Deaf people read Braille and that Sign Language is an international language....don't worry if you are one of those people!...now you know!:-)
4. I can put both of my legs behind my head!...I know, such a gifted trait!
5. I love windows! I love to look out them and see the beautiful world just smiling back at me!

1 comment:

LittleFamilyJL said...

Taler du Svenska?
How cool! Once you learn Swedish, we can begin to communicate in another language. We can have secret Scandinavian comments to each other on our blogs and no one will ever know!
You amaze me, Kristin!
or
Du er mycka dygtig!